Sunday, March 15, 2015

Girls rule, boys drool

This morning we were graciously welcomed into the community by members of the church. It was such a great way to start the week and was really comforting since I do feel very far away from my home town. 
As we toured the town on our scavenger hunt, I thought it was a very interesting place. I felt there was a lot of disconnect in certain areas- especially having Marshall University being right there. Some parts of the town seemed really cute and put together, while other areas were run down and abandoned looking. Touring the town with our knowledge of the existing health problems, really made me think more about the underlying variables influencing these issues. 
Overall, today was a great day and I really enjoyed bonding with everyone on a deeper level. It really helped put everything into perspective that even though we all are fortunate enough to be students at college park, the life paths of how everyone got there are very different. 

I am looking forward to field day tomorrow and can't wait to actually get our service on! 


No comments:

Post a Comment