Sunday, March 15, 2015

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner

Hello readers!


Lyss here (it's short for Ellyssa); I’m a junior, nutrition major at the University of Maryland.  I am currently on an alternative spring break trip in Huntington, West Virginia for the week.  I'm excited to work with the youth of this community on the importance of health and nutrition wellness.  I’m also looking forward to getting closer with my fellow peers, which also care about community nutrition and wellness, on this trip.  After watching the documentary, A Place at the Table, I’m fully realizing the extent to which my own country has food insecurity.  Presenting both the quantitative numbers and qualitative stories of the people effected by food insecurity further motivates me to help proactively stop this problem.  I’m anticipating this week will be rewarding in my growth as an individual and I can have an impact, even is small, on the children I’m working with.

No comments:

Post a Comment