Sunday, March 15, 2015

Day 1

Today's scavenger hunt gave me a realistic vision of Huntington. I don't know exactly what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. Huntington seems like a very small, secluded town. It's interesting how the town is so different from the Marshall University campus right nearby. It's similar to the vast difference between UMD's campus and the town of college park. While driving around, I noticed a lot of run down, abandoned buildings and houses- some seemed forgotten. The people we interacted with at the church were so welcoming and so happy to have us. Their hospitality and warmth was so nice. After reflection tonight I'm really looking forward to getting to know my group on a deeper level as we explore and help Huntington together this week. I'm so glad I came on this trip and it's only day two!

No comments:

Post a Comment