Saturday, March 14, 2015

Greetings from Huntington, WV!

My name is Michael Tzeng and I am one of the experience leaders for this alternative breaks experience. I am a senior pursuing a double-degree in biochemistry and biology. I am very excited for this experience because I am very passionate about the issues of childhood health and nutrition. After watching the documentary, A Place at the Table, I was surprised at how large of an issue childhood hunger really was in this country. I was also interested in the links that the documentary made between hunger and obesity in children. It showed that these issues were interconnected and had widespread effects. I was also surprised at how the government was creating legislation to address this issue. After watching this, I was motivated to learn more about the legislation addressing these issues. Overall, I am very excited for my final alternative breaks experience as an undergraduate student. I hope that I can make a lasting impression on others and participate in memorable experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment